TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Please read through the terms and conditions thoroughly before registering for any class subscription or membership with Synergy Yoga.
ENTERING THE STUDIO
- 1. Be as quiet as possible upon entering the studio as others may be in meditation or having a healing session
- 2. You must wear a mask when entering the studio. Masks can be removed in the room when the class starts if you need it.
- 3. Please remove your shoes before entering the studio
- 4. Sanitize your hands before touching a door knob or wash your hands right after arriving to the studio
- 5. Turn off your cell phones before entering the studio
- 6. Place all personal belongings in the cubicles (no bags in the practice area)
- 7. No food permitted in the practice area
- 8. You may bring your own water, mat and towel or you may rent them in the studio
- 9. Students are encouraged to bring their own mats and props (blocks, belts, blankets). If you rent a mat please make sure to spray it with sanitizer and hang it outside on a metal rail. If you are using our props you also need to sanitize them and place them outside.
- 10. If you are coughing, sneezing, or have any flu symptoms , please stay home until you feel better. Consult us on how to build your immune system.
- 1. All students must have a unique online account associated with a unique email address. Friends and family members may not share the same email address.
- 2. Please arrive at least ten minutes before class.
- 3. Please check in at reception before each class.
- 4. NO LATE ENTRY is permitted into any class. After 5 minutes from the start of class, students will not be allowed in. If a student arrives within 5 minutes after class starts, it’s necessary to wait until the meditation is over and then come to the room as quiet as possible. Leaving class early is strongly discouraged and students must notify the teacher in such cases BEFORE the start of class.
- 5. The schedule is subject to change without prior notice. Please check the online schedule for the most up-to-date schedule. Synergyyoga.org
- 6. Synergy Yoga reserves the right to refuse entry into any class.
- 7. Terms, Conditions, and Fees are subject to change without prior notification.
- 8. It is the responsibility of the student to notify teachers of any previous injury, illness, or conditions that may impact their practice. (You agree that you have been examined by a qualified medical practitioner within the past six months and have been found by such practitioners to be in good physical health and physically able to perform all yoga exercises). Students should let the teacher know in advance as well their level of practice or if they are taking any medications.
- 9. Synergy Yoga is not responsible for the safekeeping of your personal belongings.
- 10. In attending classes at Synergy Yoga, you agree that neither you, your heirs, assigns or legal representatives will sue or make any other claims of any kind whatsoever against Synergy Yoga or its members for any personal injury, health related issues, property damage/loss, COVID infection, or wrongful death, whether caused by negligence or otherwise.
PAYMENT AND PRICING
- 1. All purchases are non-refundable and non-transferable. If students do not use the full amount of classes in their package during the allotted time, classes may not be transferred and the student absorbs the cost.
- 2. All purchases of services and products are final. No refunds or credits are provided, unless canceling is referring to a Certification Training 2 weeks prior and transfer to the next date of the same training.
CLASS CANCELLATIONS & BOOKING ETIQUETTE
- 1. Class cancellations must be made 1 hour prior to the start of a reserved class without penalty. This will give us sufficient time to notify our waiting list. If you do not attend or cancel within 1 hour of start time, you will be fully charged for the class, if you have a monthly pass you will be charged $5.
- 2. Cancellations must be made through our on-line reservation system Mindbody.
- 3. Credits will not be provided for enrolments cancelled by students, and students may not transfer the “no show” class to another date.
- 4. There is a 12 hour cancellation policy on all private classes and treatments , in case of cancelation within 12 hrs.